There’s no doubt that Chicago has one of the most distinctive food scenes in the US. That’s why eating and exploring the local restaurants is one of the top things to do in Chicago, Illinois. From tasty brunch menus to Asian-inspired cuisine, this city’s vibrant food scene is a culinary experience that should not be missed.
If you’re moving to Chicago, here’s where to eat in the Windy City:
If you want to eat like a local
- Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria – Hailed as the best Chicago deep dish pizza restaurant, Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria has been serving the city’s favorite deep dish creations since 1971.
- Au Cheval – No other burger place compares to the juicy cheeseburgers that Au Cheval has been cooking up.
- Johnnie’s Beef – Another Chicago staple is Italian beef, which Jonnie’s Beef serves so well with sweet peppers, giardiniera, and delicious French fries.
- Byron’s – This Chicago-style hotdog stand offers a simple, yet delicious sausage sandwich.
If you’re looking for the perfect brunch place
- Batter and Berries – This hidden gem will amaze you with their delicious meals, excellent service, and upbeat atmosphere. The restaurant’s brunch fare consists of waffles, French toast, and deconstructed omelets.
- Mortar and Pestle – A modern-looking restaurant that serves classic brunch dishes like biscuits and gravy, silver dollar pancakes, and French toast.
- m.henry – Made from the finest local and seasonal ingredients, the delectable brunch dishes in m.henry are sure to fill you up and keep you satisfied throughout the day.
If you’re craving for Mexican food
- Carnitas Uruapan – Take a bite of Carnitas Uruapan’s authentic carnitas street tacos. They’re slow-cooked, deep-fried, and full of flavor.
- Yvolinas Tamales – You won’t be disappointed when you try Yvolinas Tamales. Steamed in banana leaves and made with olive oil, this vegan Mexican restaurant serves the freshest and most delicious tamales in the area.
- Frontera Grill – Applauded as one of the best restaurants in the city, this Rick Bayless restaurant offers a variety of delicious Mexican dishes such as duck nachos, sweet corn tamales, and grilled chicken burritos.
If you want satisfying soul food
- Big Jones – Get your fill of Southern Louisiana cooking at Big Jones. The popular restaurant serves up huge portions of shrimp and grits, beignets, and of course, fried chicken.
- Soulé – Inspired by Biggie Small’s hit single, Soulé offers delicious Creole-infused soul food like fried chicken, grilled salmon & shrimp, and shrimp & grits.
- Chicago’s Home of Chicken & Waffles – The food in this restaurant can only be described in two words: beyond delicious. Top meals here are the catfish dinner filets and chicken and waffles.
If you want to grab a healthy lunch
- Native Foods Café – If you’re looking for a casual, yet hearty vegan lunch, the Native Foods Café provides you with just that.
- True Food Kitchen – True to its name, this Chicago eatery is the place to go for conscious nutrition and delicious dining.
If you’re searching for the best Asian food
- Passerotto – If you’re craving for Korean cuisine, Passerotto offers a variety of small, medium, and large plates of delicious Korean food.
- Tank Noodle – This Vietnamese restaurant serves up the largest and crispiest stir-fried rice noodles in the area. Other food options in Tank Noodle are rice congee, pho, and Vietnamese hot pot.
- Brightwok Kitchen – For Asian-inspired cuisine, Brightwok Kitchen offers a unique and flavorful menu that allows you to build your own vegetable-filled bowl.
If you’re looking for bar food
- Four Moon Tavern – This neighborhood bar is the perfect spot to go to for food, drinks, and billiards. The tavern’s best bar food is their chicken tenders, chicken pot pie, and spaghetti and meatballs.
- Begyle Brewing Company – Kick back and relax with good brews and good company at this charming neighborhood bar. While the bar doesn’t offer full meals, you are more than welcome to bring your own food or buy from the nearby food trucks.
More global flavors
- The Jibarito Stop – Puerto Rican food is served best at The Jibarito Shop. The restaurant offers delicious plantain sandwiches and various meat platters.
- Demera – At Demera, you’ll be treated to an authentic Ethiopian dining experience, complete with unique dishes, house-roasted coffee, and a festive ambiance.
- Podhalanka – If you haven’t tried pierogi and blintzes, the best place to visit is Podhalanka, an authentic Polish restaurant that serves hearty and homemade Polish food.
Explore the entire Chicagoland area and see what makes living in Chicago so unique. Let 606 Brokers find you the home you’ve been searching for in the best neighborhoods in Chicago. Call us at 773.870.5101 today.